What is SEO?It’s a bit of a buzzword, but website owners and designers need to be aware of it. It’s crucial - without it, your website will not be found on Google.
Good SEO means setting up your website so that it is search engine friendly enough to gain Google love. Google is computer-based and uses complex calculations (algorithms) to index all websites. It will give you points for the good stuff, and take away points for the bad stuff. Bad stuff can include poor structure, low-quality content, slow loading, duplicate data and a whole host of other web tech stuff. Certain practices are actively frowned on, which can get your website blacklisted and removed from the search engines completely!
Google doesn’t hang around, and it whizzes through thousands of websites in seconds (actually way more - literally millions). It doesn’t have the time to be emotional about you, your business or your content. Google rewards websites that are current, interesting and operating within its guidelines.
Google will be looking for evidence:
• Is the content of your website set up in line with Google's recommendations?
• Errors and broken links - are there errors on your website that Google will identify?
• Competitor Research - what are they doing that you are not?
• What can you do outside of your site to enhance your rankings?
• Does Google regard your content as quality content?
• Are you using social media to boost your search engine optimisation?
If you think your website is underperforming in the search engines, there may be a good reason for it. An SEO & Website Audit will highlight the areas where improvements can be made to help you maximise your presence of Google within your market area and location.
Contact me if you would like some more information on an SEO Audit.